Stew Point Lodge
Located just two hours drive south of Christchurch in the Rangitata River Valley, Stew Point Lodge is close to where some of the battle scenes were filmed for the Lord of the Rings trilogy and in fact is considered to be real “Middle Earth” country. Staying here is an experience in itself!
This property was purpose built in 2007 and facilities include:
- Four guest bedrooms, all with private bathrooms, suitable for four hunters or four couples.
- A games room with Laser Shot game and cable TV. Internet access is also available.
- Ideally situated within the hunting area. You can often see red stags, fallow and even tahr from the lodge windows!
Sherwood Lodge is a scenic two hour drive south from Christchurch and three hours drive north from Queenstown. It is located on Sherwood Downs near the town of Fairlie, surrounded by the awesome Sherwood mountain range and nearby Lake Opuha.
The main lodge has a dining room, lounge and three guest rooms with private ensuite bathrooms. Adjacent to the lodge are four private chalets each with their own ensuite bathroom. The Sherwood lodge facility can accommodate eight hunters or up to eight couples.
Other facilities include:
- Huge games and trophy room with a pool table, big screen Laser Shot game, Play Station, cable TV and internet access.
- The lodge also has it's own helicopter pad, golf driving range and bow shooting range.
Activities and Adventures for the Non-Hunter
We want to make your experience in New Zealand as enjoyable as possible. We provide a broad range of activities for non-hunters and hunters alike at our Lodges, and we can also organise an even wider variety of activities further afield.
We are very proud of our country, and want you to experience its beauty and meet some local New Zealanders.
We have included below some of the adventures we can arrange for you. There is much for non-hunters to do and see while the hunt goes on, and these activities can even provide the seasoned hunter with a change of pace from the field if desired.
- Scenic flights to the Glaciers, Mt Cook and more can be organized.
- Tours to small boutique wineries and breweries are easily arranged and these are within an hours drive from the lodge.
- Jet Boat Rides on the Rakaia River can also be arranged and are one hours drive from the lodge.
- A day trip to Mt Cook alpine village where you can lunch at the famous Hermitage Hotel, with a side trip to Lake Tekapo.
- Shopping excursions to out-of-the-way places for New Zealand made goods and produce.
- Rafting on the Rangitata River with Rangitata Rafts is a must for serious adventurers, as this is a grade 5 river. If staying at our Stew Point Lodge, the rafts are put in the river right opposite the lodge and from Sherwood Lodge, the drive is only one hour.
- Day trips to small towns in the area such as Geraldine, Fairlie and Timaru. Here you can visit the local museums, historical places, mini- zoos such as the one at Waimate, go shopping and lunch at country restaurants and bistros.
- A round of golf at the local country golf course is also easily arranged with the nearest being only 20 minutes drive away.
- Horse trekking and bush walks can also be provided during your stay with us.
- A round of Skeet or Trap at the local gun club can also be arranged at short notice.